What is your longest clean eating stretch?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by LindsG, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Lingerie Lady

Lingerie Lady Face Your Fears!

Yeah, funny how once they're baked I have absolutely no problem not eating them, but something about the raw dough :drool: irresistable.

2. Ali

Ali Senior Member

Ya, that all or nothing thing is me, too. I'm trying to change that, but it's so hard to change something that's part of your personality. I dunno. Maybe you just have to tweak it to fit you. You know. Like for me...I know I am like that, that once I get started, it's hard to stop, so I incorporate something that I learned from Erik. Get in all your other food first, and have your cheat last meal of the day...and then go to bed! No staying up and watching TV, b/c you WILL get into more. I know that I do this, so I try to work around myself, you know?

Or you could run your cheats past Erik. Also, with refeeds, I've find it's better for me to put all of my refeed food into a big zip lock, and when it's gone it's GONE. No guesswork...no trying to work the numbers. :lol3: Next time I'm just doing bagels...no freedom.

And cookie dough... :drool: :yum:

3. tsunamii

tsunamii needs to get laid.

Linds- I agree with Ali. I sometimes have a hard time w/control, but making it my last meal works like a charm. New day, new start, back on plan.

4. LindsG

LindsG No more excuses!

:yum: You guys are killing me with this talk of raw cookie dough!

Ali- I think that is a great idea to incorporate EXACTLY what my cheat meal is into my plan ahead of time so that there is no thinking involved. It's when I leave the when and what my cheat meal is going to be up in the air that I get into trouble! I also like the idea of getting my other meals in first before I can allow a cheat so that I don't go overboard. The problem is I never do moderate cheats! I always end up going out and having EVERYTHING I couldn't have throughout the week and completely undo my progress for the week. I think this weekend I'll try to slowly work the cheats back in with something small like a glass of wine and some cheese instead of some 5 course meal! :lol3:

5. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Cheat sunday night, this way the weekend is over and it's night so you can't keep eating and eating. I used to cheat earlier and then I couldn't stop. Oh and go out and have whatever you're craving, don't do it at home. Hope this helps :)

6. Ana

I just burst out laughing. Once they are cooked I'm like mehhhh whatever. While the dough is raw I'm like :drool: My daughter hates the dough PERFECT, I eat most of it raw and then I end up only having enough left for like 3 cookies perfect portion control for her :lol3:

7. Ali

Ali Senior Member

You can limit the time, too. Like I have one hour to cheat. And that doesn't mean to eat all you can in that hour, but sit down and have a nice meal. Then you are done.

8. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

12 weeks straight--back in 99'!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ana

Hey Ali if I'd have known you better in Michigan I could have done some serious damage to that cookie bucket you brought (I'm pretty sure I still managed to embarrass myself) and I probably would have knocked you down completely for that candy corn :D

10. abbatoir

abbatoir Member

5 months, but I was really motivated. No junk food at all, but it was at maintenance.

11. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:sad:

12. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

x 2.

13. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

Depends on what your definition is of unhealthy food.
    For me dairy is not healthy yet I eat it regularly.

14. LindsG

LindsG No more excuses!

I'm on day 12 now!! So i'm guessing that most people on this board use their cheats for at least something small on the weekends? That makes me feel better. I'll change my goal from "completely clean" to "completely on plan" (which includes 1 or 2 cheats) and see how long I can go doing that! :woohoo:

15. jackieleigh

jackieleigh is back at it ;)

My first 2 months of working with Erik were 100% except one allowed "cheat" when I ran a marathon

I am trying now to only have my option free meal once every 2 weeks now

16. thefuture

thefuture Member

About 2 weeks last summer. I am now on my 2nd day and I'm craving something sweet, so I know what you mean by feeling like you're about to cave.

17. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

Ali, that ziploc bag idea for a refeed is totally brilliant!

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

longest clean eating stretch = ONE DAY

19. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

it was the worst most boring day of my life

20. Jypsie

Jypsie Well-Known Member

Not sure about beer or wine...but Tequila is perfectly clean :wink: