What to eat pre workout?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by deedeey, May 22, 2013.

1. deedeey

deedeey Member

First off, I am having huge issues with eating. I'm coming from a restrictive place, eating low calories, hours at a time with not eating ( I have gotten used to the latter). I have been training since Jan. I have had great gains ( strength and physique), I was tracking my calories for awhile and then panicked when the scale went up ( although inches came down), stopped tracking and went back to my old ways.

Today it hit me when I was having trouble getting through my squat progressions, I had gone 8 hours since I ate or hydrated last. I know on the surface how dumb that is, but I want to change.

So, first. What are good PRE workout meals? I see all the post, but not too many pre.

Also, I'd like to lean down ( I know I don't look like I'm famished, but I know my eating is whacked). I already figured 12x my BW.
    I should mention that I'm also an endurance runner, but have cut way back since January to focus on weight training. I still run about 20 miles per week. Will my calories be too low with the 12x? Considering I run as well as weight train. I know we should not eat back our exercise calories, but I fear I will be in too much of a deficit with my running.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

carbs and protein pre workout. If you search, there are definitely lots of ideas for that meal. Check egg white thread. Oatmeal thread, etc.

You understand that chasing two goals wont get you to your goal of increasing muscle. You may need to cut back even more to focus on one goal if muscle gain is your desire.

3. deedeey

deedeey Member

I thought you might say that about running. I know this deep down, I just don't want to give it up completely.

I will look for those threads. Thank you :)

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

i bumped a few threads. The recipe section has ideas if you want some recipes and didnt find anything in the threads i bumped.

5. deedeey

deedeey Member

Awesome!! Thank you for all your help lately :)

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

my pleasure. :)

Also check out muffin recipes as those are sometimes posted separately from say the oat thread or the egg thread. etc

7. deedeey

deedeey Member

Yay muffins!!