What's everyone reading these days?

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Inatic, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I started reading The Hunger Games', one chapter but got hooked on 'Shades of Grey'

2. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I'm still reading the Song of Fire and Ice series. I'm on Book 4: Feast of Crows. Love this series! :love:

I wanna read the Hunger Games. I have one more book of the series to go though, before I can move on to something else lol.

3. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

Ahhhhh! I have the shades of grey downloaded, but haven't had time to read any yet. I have no idea what to expect either. A friend just told me it was great so I planned on starting it around Easter break, but....well life is crazy busy over here!!!! How is it?

4. BethC

BethC Member

Hi! I am more into reading Motivational Books.:love:.....
    Currently hooked on Joyce Meyers Books. I have purchased them all!! reading now "A Leader in the Making". I must say...LOVING IT!!

5. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

The media is talking about this book and how fabulous it is! One of our local radio stations are giving it away as a prize for calling in on certain things. They had a discussion on there about it but had to wait till after 8:30 when most of the kiddies were in school. I missed it but it was from one of the talk shows. They had a segment on it. Heard it was awesome!

6. Kris1

Kris1 Member

I'm on the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series. LOVE it! Will have to check out Shades of Grey, too.

7. shodges

shodges Member

Read the first Hunger Games and loved it! Also reading Bringing up Bebe- a book on parenting to help my sis :lol: I really like it though! It's about the diff between French + American parenting. Since I like the French culture and that book, I just started French Women Don't Get Fat. I'm more interested in culture diffs than dieting info :laugh: But now I'm thinking I need to get into this 'Shades' thing :scratch:

8. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Failing Forward by John Maxwell

9. Miss Lizzy

Miss Lizzy Member

Just finished reading the 3rd book of the Hunger Games. Loved them all. Need something new now. A few people have been talking about Shades of Grey, might be time for some online shopping :)

10. brooket

brooket Active Member

Now that I am done with teacher training, I am going to get into Shades of Grey, I feel left out :pout: everyone else has read or is reading it!

I am finishing a book called "The Unteathered Soul" it is about mind chatter, meditation, etc. It is a very good book, not just for yogis ;) But a good read, great for mental focus!

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Im almost done with book two of shades of grey which i liked better than one. Im told three is even better..

12. Rashida

Rashida Member

I'm reading a book called 150 Pounds right now... It's pretty good. It's about two female bloggers on opposite ends of the weight spectrum and their lives.... Entertainment purposes only.

I loved the "Shades of Grey" trilogy. I think I finished all three of them in two weeks.

13. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

I just finished Hunger Games. Loved it!! Can't wait to get the second book. I read Shades but didn't really care for it so I'm not gonna read the other two. Just started reading Baby Proof by Emily Griffin (picked it up in airport) and also picked up Heaven is for Real at the airport. It was a neat book!!

14. Kris1

Kris1 Member

I'm on the 3rd book in the Hunger Games trilogy. 1 and 2 were MUCH better. This one is kinda boring, so I'm debating not finishing it and picking up with the first book of Shades of Grey. Also have the book Magic on my bedside table which is by the same author that wrote the Secret. Nicole, I loved Heaven is for Real! :)

15. LStarks

LStarks Member

I read Hunger Games Trilogy. Love!
    I read Shades of Gray Trilogy prior to publication (when it was still FanFiction :shrug:) It's weird to see something so popular that I read like 2 years ago. I like being ahead of the curve, though.

Currently reading Marcus Sedgwick's Blood Red Snow White. It's a fictionalistic rendering of the Russian Revolution (think Anastasia) blended with the Snow White Fairy Tale. I'm about 10% into it.

16. Miss Lizzy

Miss Lizzy Member

Really Kris? I loved all of the books.

Just bought Shades of Grey last week. It's been sitting on my bedside table trying to make eye contact with me for a couple of nights. I think I'm going to cave in and get started this week :)

17. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

I just finished In The Garden of Beasts and have started A Dance With Dragons. I like to read a couple of books at a time, so I'm also reading French Women Don't Sleep Alone and Greek Expectations.

I've heard only good things about the Shades of Grey books - but I've got a long to read list before I get to those.