Your SO...?

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Michael_70, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Interested to see the consensus here..

For those of you with a SO, what attracted you to them??

2. Chelsinator

Chelsinator Ummm...what the hell?? lol

well...don't have one right now....but usually what attracts me to guys is if they have a sense of humour and are smarter than I am...oh and if they can lift more than I do...that's a big thing.

3. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

can we answer if we just have a really hot gym guy? :lol3:

4. Michael_70

LMAO..that's a given..:rolleyes:

So yeah..shoot!

5. snakecharmer

snakecharmer It's a hypnosis thing

I like the way I met the guy I am seeing. I met him on another forum that I have been going to for about a year and a half. I always liked his posts but was still married (but very unhappy and about to get separated). When I was going through my divorce and then had relationship troubles with my last bf, he was always really nice and would send me rep messages and supportive PMs. I noticed he lived in the same area (SO lucky because not many people I've "met" online live near me) and PMed him and said we (he and his gf at the time, and me and my bf at the time) should meet and have drinks one night. We never did, but we kept on being friends on the forum. Then I decided to break up with my bf about 6 weeks ago and R was really nice and again, sent me supportive messages. We started talking on AIM and then on the phone. He was in the process of breaking up with his gf, so we started off as friends.

We had those great phone conversations that last until 4 am...talked on and off all day on AIM...and really got along.

The funny thing is, I did not have any idea what he looked like until we had "known" each other for almost a year and a half. We finally exchanged pics and then we met.

The chemistry when we met in person was incredible. I absolutely adore everything about him so far. He's intelligent, strong, funny as heck...sweet, considerate...he's a powerlifter so that is an extra bonus, 'cause I think that is really hot. :love0011: :love:

6. Michael_70

Wow, that's quite the story! You got lucky with the looks dept though and a powerlifter to boot!! Congrats!

7. Mandy

Mandy Hulkamania is runnin' wild

Sense of humor

8. jaleena

jaleena Banned

He lifts heavy things :shhh:

9. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

He's freaking HUGE :shades:

10. Forged

Forged See No Member

So you're bummed that Jared found Subway?

11. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

totally :sad:

12. Angie

Angie Starting over

Our similar interests and he would always laugh at my corny jokes...

13. fitnesschick

fitnesschick Member

as shallow as it sounds the initial attraction was completely physical - his looks and physique - i couldn't keep my eyes off him! :jeff:

14. Miker

Miker I am a Pillow Pants.

I can't remember.. I was so wasted I couldn't read her phone number the next day.. so much for showing how ambidextrous I was.. yeesh...

I stayed sober the next time.. lol

15. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

Some of you already know the story, but Stel and I met on another forum and emailed each other for about nine months before we finally met in person. She came out for a week on vacation, we hit it off really well, then there was another four months of LD relationship before we met up in Hawaii for another week, then another six months before she decided to make the move out here for good.

What do I like about her? Well, aside from general gorgeousness and being smart, she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it. Too many people in her position (making 65K/year with a lot more virtually assured in the future) wouldn't have had the intestinal fortitude to chuck it for their dream of being a writer - and in a language that isn't native, to boot. Plus she is probably the most loyal person I know. That counts for a lot with me, because when the chips are down, loyalty is about all you can count on sometimes.

One other thing is that we both sort of have one foot in two separate cultures: Korea and America for her, Japan and America for me. It helps when the other person is aware of and sympathetic to the kinds of problems expats have.

Oh...and did I mention she's gorgeous? :hehehmn:

16. clsupnorth

clsupnorth 'Kooky' Vegetarian

He had a good head on his shoulders, old-fashioned, and had a wicked vision and plan for his future and for his future wife's. I knew that with him, I would be well provided for, he'd be completely devoted and committed, and he would give it his all. And I was right... he has never let me down.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael_70

Thx for the replies...very interesting feedback!!

18. GqArtguy

GqArtguy Active Member

Man I thought all this time that Stel was Japanese. This is very shocking to me and my world is bending and unravelling at the fabric it is made out of.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

her pert 20year old boobies

20. bubblebooty

bubblebooty Ms. Figure Olympia, 2025

sense of humor and general personality initially. and later? other stuff. :jeff: